asus b150i pro gaming aura, i7 7700k

Jamesmichael

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
hello i have updated my asus b150i pro gaming aura m.b. to the latest bios to support kaby lake cpu. my problem is that i just installed the i7 7700k (running on stock cause you cant o.c. on a b150 chipset) and my temps are way to high 85c plus while gaming (when i was gaming on my i5 65500 my temps were around 55c while gaming.) i went to the ai suite to check the vcore and its at a constant 1.35 fluctuating around there. since im not overclocking i wanted to set my vcore a little lower (say around 1.285) to get better temps. but when i go in to the bios i see the option to change the cpu core voltage but when i put it to manual, it wont let my offset/change the voltage.

now is this just a limitation to this motherboard cause it has a b150 chipset, do i have to get a z170 or z270 chipset to just mess around with the Vcore, im not trying to over clock just under volt cause my temps are way to high, and i dont think having a vcore @ 1.35 is necessary when at stock and im just gaming., but i do need an i7 to hit those 200 fps cause my i5 was at 100% while my gtx 1070 was at 80% usage while gaming, now with the i7, i use 100% of my gpu and 80% of my cpu.

should i just return this cpu and get the i7 7700 non K cpu instead? cause it has a 65 watt tdp instead of 91 watt tdp

i don't want to, but if i have to i will, i just don't like those high temps because all my fans start getting loud.

anyway to change my Vcore?

please feel free to discuss/reply