Why Is This so Cheap?

N00B Gamer

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014
Would anyone be able to tell me why this monitor is so cheap?
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/lg-29-219-full-hd-ultrawide-ips-led-monitor-29um58-lg/
I had been looking for ages and then I found this, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it, an ultra wide for 300 AUD!? So far all I can tell is that it doesn't have a display port and it's 1080 but the screen quality itself appears to be very nice and it's also 75hz. Also if anyone has any better suggestions for a monitor like this (has to be this price or less maybe up to 350 AUD if it is really good). I would be using this for gaming with this build at the end of the year, https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fsPdtJ .
Thanks

Lopperuk

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I dunno man I mean that price seems about right. The expensive stuff is usually has 4k or 144hz. Honestly if that's the kind of monitor you're looking for I'd say that's the best deal you can get.

N00B Gamer

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah, I just need something budget wise, I was originally looking for something with 144hz or 1ms response time etc but then I realized I'm actually to shit at CS:GO and other games for it to be of any benefit anyway and also the extra cost of monitors like that. So now I'll get on of these to start with then in about 6 months I'll get a second with a wall mount. For me, it will be bloody excellent.

Lopperuk

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Yeah 144hz isn't really worth it anyway unless you have a good pc that can handle high framerate on more than a few games. Sounds pretty dope, I need to wall mount a monitor myself, not enough room for two on my tiny desk.

N00B Gamer

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah I've got a sick glass desk at home built into the wall displaying WW1 and 2 bayonets and swords among other things from that era (also cabinets filled with German helmets) but there isn't anywhere behind for cable management as its a built in desk

Lopperuk

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014

Ah a war connoisseur I see, pretty cool. You don't really need to worry too much about cable management though unless you're a neat freak.

N00B Gamer

Reputable
Nov 26, 2014

Yeah, I guess, I'm sort of wondering if I should just put the tower under the desk but then there isn't really a point in spending much on the case to make it look good but then again it would be more cost effective. I'll have to think about it. Also, I might be later this year able to snag myself one of those fancy 34" widescreen Asus monitors for free! Would be damn good!