Help needed can no longer update drivers plus other issues!

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
Hi,

So I've noticed recently I can no longer update windows or install driver updates be it manually or automatically. When using windows to automatically search for driver updates it starts to download it but then proceeds to say an error occurred during installation. I've tried downloading a 3rd party driver updater and it just says failed to update on each of the 19 outdated drivers. This is really annoying me as its been over a week now and I still can't find a fix, more annoyingly however now is that as I've found out today I've tried to open device manager and it says the administrator (which is me) has blocked access to this or something, the same goes for local security stuff and it seems many have this issue, but I cannot understand why it has happening. It has also asked me whether to allow user OOBE to make changes when booting up. Any help would be appreciated. I have also done full anti virus scans.

Thanks!

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016

right so I did everything on the list and guide but a lot of the dll came up with that same error. I've restarted my pc now and tried to update but it says failed to update like usual and I still can't open device manager.

TRENDING THREADS