os on ssd still heavily accessing hdd

Axinte

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I am puzzled by the fact that my browsers are heavily accessing my hdd even the os and the browsers (all portable) are on ssd
I assumed that somehow the working folder got on hdd. verified, is not.
Next, I got offline main hdd, the second one I cannot. Next day, fresh startup, things got quiet. hdd no more accessed. Not heavily at every movement. Got the main one back online, and while browsing a lot, things got noisy again. Offline the main hdd, noise does not ceased. Weird thing. that small hdd, never got connected with programs. I used it just for storage.

Not big deal, I will sort it somehow, but I am curious if somebody already met this problem.

Axinte

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Tx drtweak.
You nailed it. The pagefile was there. I have no idea why, since I added that hdd recently, years after OS was installed on ssd. Mistery I will never try to solve :)

haha well if it was set to "Automatically manage Pagefile" at the top it usually puts the page file on a non OS drive. This way the OS and Pagefile aren't fighting for the speed of the HDD. Now in a HDD and HDD environment this would be ideal but with a SSD you won't see any difference.

Axinte

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017

Yep, it was auto. Actually the difference was noticeable for worse being an old and slow hdd. Lucky me, for being annoyed by noise. otherwise I would stayed hit without knowing it. Now it really moves better.

Thanks again.