Not sure what i need to upgrade.

Curtleaf

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017
Alright I'm fairly new to building PCs and need some help figuring out how to upgrade my system.

This is my current build. i got it pre-made from a friend of mine (minus the GPU):

• Processor: AMD FX-8350 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo)
• RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM (1600MHz)
• Power supply: Corsair Professional Series AX 1200 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (AX1200)
• Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
• GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070

I need help figuring out what to grade. Its been slow lately and drives wont boot up with the system. SMART has not detected any thing and after several re-installs of windows 10 it still does it (not often but enough to be annoying). so im thinking the Mother board is bad and id like to upgrade my motherboard and CPU to an Intel of the same power or better. Any suggestions would be awesome. I realize that i probably need to up grade my ram also.

PS: I use this PC for gaming and YouTube videos so i do a lot of editing on it.

Curtleaf

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017

My ram is at 1600MHz

Curtleaf

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017

I was looking at $400 but after looking up my parts i realized itll have to be more especially if i go Intel. So I'm looking to get an Intel cpu, ddr4 ram and a compatible motherboard better than what i currently have. i can always save money to get the parts.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. If you're willing to wait the new Ryzen CPU's will be available March 2nd and will be cheaper than current Intels. I'd wait for independent benchmarks to come out though, only have AMD's at the moment. Even if you still want an intel at that point they may discount their chips. I'd honestly say wait and see until then and you should get a better deal on parts.