Best Way to Get Rid of Bloatware?

LegitD0nuT

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Not that long ago I got a new MSI laptop, and it came with a bunch of MSI crap that I don't think I need, as well as a bunch of other stuff. What is the best way to get rid of bloatware? Is there a certain way to reset the computer so that it only has the OS on it and not the pre-installed CD that manufacturers put on it that also has all the "extras"?

If I were to find a way to reset the computer to the point of where it only had the OS on it, would the only drivers I need be the Killer Network driver, GPU driver, and sound driver? How would I know which drivers to install?

Thank you!

Solution
There is no way to reset without the bloatware, you can restore the PC to its factory state (way it was when you bought it with all the bloatware) but you cant reset it to a saved point that does not exist.

You have 2 options:
1) manually remove the bloatware
2) install a vanila copy of windows 10 (can download from microsoft with media creation tool) and then you will have a blank slate OS with no bloatware or extra software. Before doing this you will need to go to MSI's webiste and download all drivers your laptop (usually just googling the model number of your laptop and "drivers" will get you there) and save them to a flash drive prior to wiping the PC.
There is no way to reset without the bloatware, you can restore the PC to its factory state (way it was when you bought it with all the bloatware) but you cant reset it to a saved point that does not exist.

You have 2 options:
1) manually remove the bloatware
2) install a vanila copy of windows 10 (can download from microsoft with media creation tool) and then you will have a blank slate OS with no bloatware or extra software. Before doing this you will need to go to MSI's webiste and download all drivers your laptop (usually just googling the model number of your laptop and "drivers" will get you there) and save them to a flash drive prior to wiping the PC.

Solution