PC won't detect a second monitor

Slow97

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I've just got a new second monitor but my pc will not detect it. I have tried 3 different leads but each time it says "no signal detected" I am not sure why this is happening. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Are you plugging the 2nd monitor into your GPU or motherboard? if your first monitor is plugged into your GPU and your 2nd into your motherboard, More than likely your integrated graphics is turned off in your BIOS. Go into your bios and make sure you turn it back on and it should work just fine.

Unless of course your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics like the AMD FX series.

Kavinqt

Distinguished
Are you plugging the 2nd monitor into your GPU or motherboard? if your first monitor is plugged into your GPU and your 2nd into your motherboard, More than likely your integrated graphics is turned off in your BIOS. Go into your bios and make sure you turn it back on and it should work just fine.

Unless of course your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics like the AMD FX series.

Solution

Slow97

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Thanks for the help. This may sound stupid but I have never had to access my bios before so I am a bit confused as to how to do it. Where/how would I access them?

Kavinqt

Distinguished
Turn your computer off, Turn it back on usually there will be a message saying press f2 / delete, it various on your motherboard but the most common are f2 and the delete key, so basically spam one of those 2 on start up and you should get into your BIOS, Now if you don't know what you are doing here don't just go around changing random stuff you will likely mess something up big time, You are basically looking for something called onboard graphics it should be set to disabled, as most motherboards will auto disable this feature if you have a dedicated graphics card installed.

Once you find it go ahead and set it to enabled. and save and quit.

Slow97

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Thanks for the help!