Windows 10 Blue screen on start up, after restart works perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Shed

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Hey there.

I while back I decided I wanted to build a PC. A friend of mine built it for me at first and he gave me a pirated version of windows 10 to use with it. A month in and blue screen errors occurred every time I turned on my computer, but after it restarted it was fine, it would also work ok if the PC was turned back on in within a couple of minutes of being switched on already. In the beginning the blue screen errors stated the problem was related with memory management, though I ran MEME test and memory diagnostic and there where no problems found,

I did do this with both RAM inserted, since I'm unsure as to why scanning each ram individually makes a difference. Then it said it was related with a different problem like critical process died or something to do with memory state. After this kept happening after a while the screen started to glitch out and I had to do a full restart.

After this I sent it to a repair shop and they told me I needed the motherboard replaced, so I got a new motherboard, the guy rebuilt it for me and it was sent back. Now after using it for only a day the same problem is occurring again, I've now tried different things this time. I bought a number of windows driver tools and repair software and nothing worked.

I bought Kaspersky to find if there was a virus or something malicious in the system, still nothing, I've now done a full restart erasing everything on my storage formats while reinstalling windows 10, I've installed all the drivers on the discs and updated windows, I only installed two programs, Steam and Chrome, and when I turned off my computer and turned it back on the same problem happened again, except it just said it was a critical process died.

I'm really at my wits end here and I have no idea what to do, I really don't think this is a hardware issue as the guy I sent it to would have found out what the problem was, then again he did tell me it was a problem with the motherboard and the errors still occurred, but when I sent the motherboard back they did find a problem with it and refunded me my money. He did mention the CPU could be damaged by a faulty motherboard, but I've been told that can only happen if the pins are damaged and he didn't tell me anything about the pins being damaged. So all I can think is that this a software problem that he didn't see and that I'm not seeing. Either that or the motherboard has damaged parts of the system. Either way here is a list of the components on my PC...

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1067MHz (15-15-15-36)

Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M7 (MS-7976) (U3E1)

Graphics
MX27AQ (2560x1440@59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (MSI)

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)
1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 (SATA)

Please help me, each time this happens my computer definitely gets slower, I've heard that it might also have something to do with the ram voltage but I'm not sure how to edit that. Either way if you need more information to help me I can gladly provide it to you.

[Edits to wall of text - spaced paragraphs created - much easier to read that way - Moderator]

Electric Shed

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Oh no sorry, forgot to state that I bought a retail version and have completed erased the pirated OS and replaced it with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.