Need help selecting parts for 700-800 Euro build

Starmaster12

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
My psu just literally fried along with the pins so I need a new pc since it's 6 years old.
700-800 euros is the budget
I was thinking of a i5-7600k for cpu
Gtx 1060 gpu
16gb ram
I'm unsure of other parts
This is my will be my first time building a pc so any little tips would be appreciated.
I'll be using this pc for gaming/video editing

xcrusherx13

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
If you could wait a little longer I would definitely go with ryzen for the cpu as soon as the mid tier launches (which should be in about a week) or otherwise go with a 6600k (used perhaps?) or a 6700k (better for video editing thanks to hyperthreading) since the kaby lake update didn't bring many improvements performance wise and maybe you can cut some corners there for a beefier gpu or a good motherboard for overclocking. The 1060 is a great choice if you are planning to play on 1080p but I would recommend the 6gb version to not have any problem with all the fancy hd textures and graphics that every new game seems to have. For ram I'm personally sporting some kingston hyperx ddr4 and they do a great job but I think any ddr4 stick would do good, for psu corsair has some very reliable ones and on the cheap side for lower wattage (around 450 should be good). I would also recommend a 120gb SSD to act as boot drive (makes everything way snappier) and any 1TB or so hdd, I would go for whatever cheaper you can find for these as it's hard to go terribly wrong..
Hope you can get some good advice out of this :)

Starmaster12

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Thanks for the reply. Ryzen sounds great, hopefully the benchmarks will be good.
As a general idea for the build, in case i can't wait for ryzen.
Can you give me any advice on what I can change to lower the price by about $100-$150
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hyQkRG

xcrusherx13

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Whoops read this very late..
Anyways I would get a standard 6600 and a b150 mobo to cut the 100 ish euros, unless you plan on overclocking, but if it's mainly for gaming ocing the cpu will only get you 3-4 more frames..
If you need the cpu power for streaming or video editing or whatever it's hard to cut corners but I would suggest still getting a cheap mobo and a 6700 instead for better multithreaded performance.
Generally for non high budget builds I would stray away from overclocking as the 20€ premium for the "k" and the very pricey mobos lower the "bang for buck" ratio imho

user11464

Notable
Feb 25, 2017
i5-7500
b250m motherboard
gtx 1060 6gb

the overclocking route is going to make the price much more. the k cpu already costs more, then you need a z270 motherboard, aftermarket cooler.. ect.