VGA from motherboard apparently not working.

Jonas P

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
I am having a problem with the VGA port on my motherboard. I recently (more exactly earlier today (23-02-2017)) got my new (and first self-build) PC running, and I have connected my primary monitor (144hz, Asus monitor connected via Displayport) to the graphics card, and want to connect an old monitor from a previously owned PC, and use it as a secondary monitor, the monitor is an Acer, and has a resolution of like 1024x746 (yeah, it is quite old) if I remember correctly, and only uses VGA, now, my system is equipped with an Asus Z97-A motherboard, an i7-4790K, and an MSI Geforce GTX Gaming X 1080, the card doesn't have VGA support, but the motherboard does, so I have the old monitor hooked up to that, but it doesn't seem to get a signal, what should I do? I am at the early stages of PC building, and doesn't have much knowledge on the subject, just as a heads-up. Also for additional information, I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Sincerely

Jonas P.

Jonas P

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

I have looked into that option (sorry for not mentioning it), it does seem like a good option, though I'll see if someone doesn't have an option that doesn't require an adapter. But thank you very much for your answer.

Sincerely

Jonas P

Hello... 1) Do you have "Both" CPU/IGT and Ext PCIe enabled in your BIO's? (save&exit) the CPU and MB will now be your VGA output processor. ( some MB Bio's don't allow this.... mine does )
2) Did you allocate system memory to the CPU/IGT in the BIO's? (save&exit)
3) You will need to install the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 driver for your OS.
4) You will need to run your OS "Screen resolution" in "extended" mode and set your output resolution to 1024x746(?)