Windows Memory Error (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
So I only have this error when running a specific program. This does not and has not happened with any other program. I have dusted out my computer, upgraded to 16 gb DDR4 RAM instead of 8 gb, disabled my antivirus, disabled everything else running in the background. I used the windows event viewer to find that my exact error is:
EventData

param1 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000028, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8010f18a759)
param2 C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
param3 3477e240-f5fb-4cf4-890a-3aa7b2069b8d

But I have no idea how to read param3, and param1 asks me to use commands like !pool that dont work in command prompt.

Solution
It tells us what error you got but not what caused it. Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

On Fri 2/24/2017 12:00:53 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022417-25578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800D998F759)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
starting to think who crashed has a 50% usefulness rating, but I can't blame it for PC blaming ntoskrnl all the time. If error happens on the windows side of the transaction, its going to blame it. ntoskrnl = new technology operating system kernel - the brains of windows. So we have to look deeper

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2_pRHR34YweYTNJNXRHall6SFE

I believe this is correct?

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

So in driver verifier, do I just check ntoskrnl.exe, thats the module that WhoCrashed keeps returning

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Alright so I went ahead and ran the driver verifier as the guide said, and I checked only the ntoskrnl.exe. I restarted my PC and was thrown DRIVER DETECTED VIOLATION. It restarted itself, threw the error again. Windows then prompted me to restore from a pervious point (which is fine, i have a restore point, and everything is backed up). I am now waiting for my PC to finish restoring.

UPDATE: PC just gave me "Automatic Repair couldnt fix your PC." I can either shut down, or go to advanced options, the PC did leave a log.

UPDATE 2: Did a fresh install from within the Windows Repair, still getting the same bluescreen when trying to run the application. A Product manager told me this is not a common issue, and no one else i have seen has had this problem. Still throwing the same error with the same driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
sorry for not replying earlier, i had to go to sleep.

When you say fresh install, how? did you do system restore again or use Reset this PC?

I should have asked what program it was.

upload latest dumps as well. if no one answers posts for you, I would suggest looking at the posting instructions in the link below and see if they can find a solution: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Well today it happened with a new software that i downloaded, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Open Beta, and it also happens with ESEA. I got in touch with an ESEA Product Manager who said, and I checked the forums for ESEA as well, that no one has ever had this problem before. This is most certainly a Windows problem, as these both work on my laptop. I will upload the dumps now.

On Sun 2/26/2017 12:15:41 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022617-22828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802C0416759)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2/26/2017 12:15:41 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF802C0416759)

On Fri 2/24/2017 5:12:27 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022417-21421-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800D73F8FE5)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2_pRHR34YweYTNJNXRHall6SFE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2_pRHR34YweZmJQSDNRbmFNdW8

RazorXFire

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Alright, I decided to try and reinstall Windows using my install disc. Every time I boot from my Optical Drive, I get the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Since this wasn't in windows, not dump or crash report was made. I used memtest86, found nor errors with my RAM. Could this potentially be a problem with my hard drive?