No matter how many times i try to update this "Error code: (0x80073712)" pops up :(

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
I have tried everything i could think of but every time i try to install the updates this crap pops up every single time. I hope i dont need to format my SSD just to fix this problem. I have had more problems out of Windows 10 in a month than i have Windows 7 in 5 years. I hope someone can help.

Solution
Well it depends on what version of 10 is on the DVD.

if you get the ISO with the mediacreation tool, it maybe a later version so it may not work

I would do a clean install with the ISO mediacreation tool downloads

Download the ISO then use Rufus to put it on a flash drive

Change partition to GPT if the mobo has a UEFI BIOS. MBR if it doesnt, add the iSO click on start
Or you could be there all year, trying to fix it

I don't know what it means. You could try the dvd but put the letter of the dvd in the command line. And then you'll have to find out where the install.wimfile is (its path on the dvd)

Looks like that error means a windowsupdate file is damaged or missing

Run command prompt as admin then type in sfc /scannow

If that doesnt fix it try DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

And if you upgraded from 7 to 10, and you didnt do a clean install, it can create probs too

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

It says i need to mount an image of win 10 and point DISM to it. This is how

If you get the error message "cannot find source files"you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

What does that mean?

Well it depends on what version of 10 is on the DVD.

if you get the ISO with the mediacreation tool, it maybe a later version so it may not work

I would do a clean install with the ISO mediacreation tool downloads

Download the ISO then use Rufus to put it on a flash drive

Change partition to GPT if the mobo has a UEFI BIOS. MBR if it doesnt, add the iSO click on start
Or you could be there all year, trying to fix it

I don't know what it means. You could try the dvd but put the letter of the dvd in the command line. And then you'll have to find out where the install.wimfile is (its path on the dvd)

Solution