Display port flicker

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello,
So I'm running a MSI GTX 1070 with an Asus PG278A. For some reason i keep getting flickering when playing games mostly, sometimes in YouTube or just using Windows 10. I've done some things to try and work out the issue:

-Test new DP cables, out of the 3 only one will stay on all the time, yet still flickers a little, that's this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B2HOVRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then Ive tested another, this one will show Windows for like 5 seconds, flicker then go off completely:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0014BQQI4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The final one I tested is the one that came with the monitor, this one also flickers a bit more than the first one I linked.

-The second thing In tested was the two display ports on my actual GPU. 1 cable will display both, the other two only display from the 1(The one that worked on both is the UGreen one)

-Thirdly I've recorded in game footage as the flickering has happened, looked back at the footage and no flickering

-I've reinstalled all graphics drivers 3 times, all clean installs

So im kinda running out of things i can try really, im not sure what causes it and ive done so much forum digging, the only thing i can find is about having gold connections on the display port cable. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to try and find/solve the issue?

Thanks, Robert

Nordein

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014

Have you tried using either of the HDMI or DVI ports on the GPU? It may not be the DP connectors but the GPU itself.

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

Well i use hdmi for my tv(when i plug it in) and never had any issues with it

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

Ill test it out, my friend has one with no gsync so ill see if that makes a difference also

Nordein

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014

If HDMI is working just fine, then it may just be the display ports. But testing another monitor with display port is something that will also need to be done, and I see you already replied to Jed on that. So hopefully its the GPU and not the monitor, since it's much cheaper to replace the GPU than the monitor that you have. IF they are both under warranty than you should be fine no matter which one is the culprit.

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

Monitor is no longer under warranty :/ GPU is but the invoice is in someone elses name if that makes a difference?

Nordein

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014

For most RMA's, the invoice, UPC, and Serial # cut from the box is needed to be sent in.

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

UPC?

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016
If it helps, it seems to happen a lot in the game Rainbow Six Siege. Just been playing for like an hour, been fine and all of a sudden for the last 5 minutes its been flashing black again...

Robert8x

Reputable
Jul 26, 2016

Corsair RM650. I mean i thought it was just a DP issue, but when Rainbow is open Chrome or anything else will do it also. It mainly happens when on Rainbow though to be honest