Ethernet porta dont work

Masimo100

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
"after installing pci wireless card and the drivers all of my ethernet ports stopped working"
i dont really know the parts of my computer, ive uninstalled and reinstalled all of the drivers for the wirless and ethernet ports and it still doesnt work either.

Solution
Go to Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network Sharing Center

Click 'Change adapter settings' in left pane.

Right click your adapter. Select 'properties'.

There will be a box headed 'This connection uses the following items.'

Uncheck anything that looks like it was installed by a third party (AVG, Avast, ZoneAlarm). Since it might not be obvious what to uncheck, here is what I currently have checked in my working system that should not cause a problem:

KEEP THESE CHECKED:

Client for Microsoft Networks
QoS packet scheduler
File and Printer Sharing
Internet Protocol v6
Internet Protocal v4
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Reminder

Uncheck everything else.

Go back to the Network...

Ralston18

Titan
Network adapters: Only one network adapter should be enabled. If you are using wired be sure to disable the wireless adapter. Or if using wireless disable the wired adapter.

Verify that the PCI wireless card is fully seated. Use an extension cable to raise the antennas up higher.

Run the built-in Windows Network Trouble-shooter.

Try another known working ethernet cable.

Masimo100

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
i tried both of these solutions and neither of them worked. When i highlight the problem it says, window could not automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter.
i am on windows 10 and the adapter i tried using was a wireless n 300 pci express desktop adapter. From dlink

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Go to Control Panel> Network and Internet > Network Sharing Center

Click 'Change adapter settings' in left pane.

Right click your adapter. Select 'properties'.

There will be a box headed 'This connection uses the following items.'

Uncheck anything that looks like it was installed by a third party (AVG, Avast, ZoneAlarm). Since it might not be obvious what to uncheck, here is what I currently have checked in my working system that should not cause a problem:

KEEP THESE CHECKED:

Client for Microsoft Networks
QoS packet scheduler
File and Printer Sharing
Internet Protocol v6
Internet Protocal v4
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Reminder

Uncheck everything else.

Go back to the Network and Sharing menu, disable and re-enable the adapter. That should work.

Solution