Video Card Issue (I think)

tlonsbury

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
I just installed a GeForce 1060 gpu in my custom-built pc. I cannot update, install, or make any changes to my pc because a lot of windows will not show. The video card is also not appearing in device manager, but my monitor is run through an hdmi on said card so I know theres a signal going through it.

When Windows notifies me that something is trying to make changes, the entire screen dims and a white box (where normally I could select yes/no) appears. The window remains blank but I can interact with it by blindly clicking or tab+enter selecting. The window will then go away and nothing happens, regardless of what I try. It looks like this
BqLLjZcm.jpg

I cannot update the driver, which I suspect is what is causing this, from the disk, .exe installer, or GeForce Experience because I cannot "approve" changes being made. I cannot disable the function of displaying notifications because you need to approve a notification in order to do so. I cannot run System File Checker (sic /scannow) to fix my OS because I cannot approve of running as admin. Even when I boot into admin command prompt the operation cannot be completed.

I have tried uninstalling past drivers, and updating any way possible.

Lots of user interface windows don't show either. I can still click around on them blindly though. like this start menu
SIkB5S0m.jpg

Please excuse my photos of my monitor taken from my phone, since I can't do much with my computer. Thanks for any reply.

tlonsbury

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
Solved!

Reseated the video card into a different slot, and then booted into safe mode to uninstall drivers. Then booted from normal SSD and was allowed to install new drivers

Thanks for the help!