How to deal with Asus in RMA-ing a defective ROG Swift PG278Q?

Get-In-Da-Robot

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
So after initially replacing this monitor a bunch of times after I bought it due to pixel defects, I finally got a good one. Now, a little over a year since I've had it, I'm running into an issue where the screen flashes/flickers at 144hz. I've done all types of troubleshooting: replacing displayport cables, rolling back drivers, turning off g-sync, nothing works. The only thing that fixes the issue is dropping the frame rate below 144hz but then I get blurry text. I didn't have to look far to find that this is a common issue with this model. I already contacted customer service explaining my situation and asking them to replace it with the refresh since I had given this model enough chances, to which they replied they don't do model exchanges. I'm sick of running into issues with this monitor; how can I get Asus to fix this without sending me another broken model? I'm worried about RMA-ing since I've seen nothing but horror stories about their customer service.

Here's a video I took of the problem, hopefully you can make it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ8EnNw4nnQ&ab_channel=mufafa777

Here's another guy with the same exact problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyowjzNNKgQ&t=1s&ab_channel=LucasBurson

He says in the comments that he had to keep RMA-ing before Asus sent him the newer model and he hasn't had any issues since. I just want to skip the bull**** and start with the solution that has the least likelihood of failure and one that'll waste less of my and Asus' time...

Get-In-Da-Robot

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

I have to no avail. I'm 99% certain it's a defect since merely googling "144hz flicker" brings up a ton of forums and videos of this exact monitor exhibiting the same issue. Even though RMA-ing is basically my only chance at this point, I'm super weary as I've read many accounts of people receiving their RMA'd monitor completely destroyed by ASUS. Along with that, I'm not interested in a refurbished monitor as it took me 3 tries to get this one without any pixel defects. As far as I've heard, the refresh PG278QR hasn't been shown to have the same issues. That tells me that ASUS knew they <<watch the language please>> up the original and tried to fix it with a newer one.

TRENDING THREADS