RGB LED Strip different than the motherboard

rapidfalcon101

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012
I just got the MSI z270 m7 and some phanteks RGB strips but for some reason the strips do the opposite color of whatever my motherbord is doing.
So if i set my color to red in the msi gaming app, I get red motherboard lights and blue led strip lights, vice versa.
Does anyone have a sugestion?

MadSgtAlex

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

Did you ever figure out what was causing your issue? I have the exact same problem and I am using Phantek LED's (with an MSI motherboard). I thought that flipping the connector would fix it, but they do not turn on when flipped.

rapidfalcon101

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012

I had to use the motherboards connecter that it comes with, if u use phanteks they end up reversing color dor some reason. Idk wat motherboard u have but mine came with a rgb connecter

MadSgtAlex

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017

I own the MSI Z270 GAMING M5. I assume that the 4 pin LED connector on my MB is RGB. Am I misunderstanding something? Do you mean that your motherboard also came with an adapter to change the connection?

rapidfalcon101

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2012

Yes, my mother board as well as the phanteks led's came with a rgb cable (its like an extender cable to put the leds where you want) try using one and then the other and see if u get the right color. Idk if the m5 comes with one, but i assume it does