I can't access any of my libraries after uninstalling OneDrive?

DeltaTaco

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
I uninstalled OneDrive because I didn't need it, and now my documents (or any of the libraries really) will not open, saying that it ay have moved or been deleted. It's no big deal because I had nothing in any of them anyways, but I was trying to redirect them to a drive other than the Windows SSD, and now I can't do that. So how do I either get the Libraries back or set them to redirect to the other drive?

Solution
I am sorry, I looked at my OneDrive account last night after installing Windows 10 version 1703 and I have 1 terabyte of free cloud storage. Although I rarely use OneDrive, in all of the computers that I have worked with OneDrive is merely a little entry on the left hand side of file explorer that is so unobtrusive most people don't even know that it is there. Also, since it uses 0% of system resources, it is just a non thing on a modern computer.

I hope you get your system fixed because there ain't no way that you can remove OneDrive from a Windows 10 computer.

USAFRet

Titan

In the Locations settings, what happens if you select "Default"?

You can NOT uninstall OneDrive. Microsoft has made it impossible to uninstall OneDrive. You can enter into your registry and temporarily disable it, but that is the most you can do. OneDrive is an integral part of Windows 10 and the registry hack could cause issues with file explorer. The hack is only temporary because any update from Microsoft can reverse the registry hack, so be prepared to perform the registry hack pretty often.

DeltaTaco

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016

Well I did, all I had to do was go into Uninstall A Program and click on it, it's no longer there.

Then you don't have Windows 10. OneDrive is an integral part of Windows 10 and can not be uninstalled. If you are using Windows 7, then post in the Windows 7 area.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

I do have a question for the OP, why would you want to uninstall OneDrive when you can simply ignore it and choose not to use it? It is very light on system resources, typically at 0% or so, and does not cause any conflicts with any other cloud services or file systems.

DeltaTaco

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016

I do have Windows 10, and OneDrive is most definitely gone. Running DirectX Diagnostic shows that I have Windows 10 64 Bit (which is what I know I installed) and OneDrive does not show up in either the search bar or the installed programs list. Before I clicked uninstall OneDrive, the libraries worked, after I clicked it it gives the error I mentioned above, so if it did not remove it after I clicked uninstall like you say is impossible, what did happen to the program and why is it gone from the list, with all its functions no longer working?

DeltaTaco

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016

I uninstalled it because all of the libraries were showing that their location was in a OneDrive folder for some reason after I disabled it, and I thought this was what was causing the error I was getting when trying to migrate the location of my libraries.

When a person firsts installs Windows 10, there is a screen that asks whether or not you are going to use OneDrive. I always answer "NO, I will not use OneDrive." If you just use the default then OneDrive becomes embedded into file explorer. You can fix this later by following some simple steps,
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-location-of-onedrive-folder-in-windows-10
but you can never delete OneDrive from Windows 10 because it is an integral part of the operating system.

I certainly hope that you can get your problem worked out. I love OneDrive and I use it regularly for different art and photography projects. My account allows me 200 gb of cloud storage for free, which really comes in handy when I need to share an old OS ISO or an album or any picture or doicument. Like I said previously, having OneDrive set up the way I do it uses about 0% of my computer resources, which really isn't bad, and it does not interfere with any of my normal file processes.

This is exactly what I was looking for. This How To Geek tutorial shows every screen involved with installing Windows 10. Next time you do a clean install of Windows 10 choose to "turn off all one drive settings." This will help you out next time.

https://www.howtogeek.com/197559/how-to-install-windows-10-on-your-pc/

I am sorry, I looked at my OneDrive account last night after installing Windows 10 version 1703 and I have 1 terabyte of free cloud storage. Although I rarely use OneDrive, in all of the computers that I have worked with OneDrive is merely a little entry on the left hand side of file explorer that is so unobtrusive most people don't even know that it is there. Also, since it uses 0% of system resources, it is just a non thing on a modern computer.

I hope you get your system fixed because there ain't no way that you can remove OneDrive from a Windows 10 computer.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan