Windows 10 Semi-Freezes

Bros1083

Honorable
Aug 22, 2014
So my Windows 10 computer just randomly freezes the intervals are getting smaller it used to be every 1-2 days, and now its like 1-3 hours. The thing has no prior warning but the current window opening works but I cannot change the tab if I press the window button it doesn't work and my current tab that was working is now not. If I'm on my desktop my mouse cursor was moving and when i go over Cortana the icon highlights but if I click it everything freezes. Please help it happens very often xD

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have ssd or hdd? try running free version of hdtune on drive and check health

Check motherboard web site and make sure have latest chipset/sata drivers & maybe BIOS

try running sfc & dism to check windows:
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
copy/paste the next command into same window - needs to be exact
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

they both clean and fix various system files, restart PC once done

Bros1083

Honorable
Aug 22, 2014

I've got 1 Intel SSD and 1 Seagate and 1 WD Blue HDD also in Google Chrome it freezes when it says "waiting for cache" on the bottom left
On speedfan my SSD has 100% performance 97% fitness the other ones are so is the WD one but the seagate has 0% fitness

Bros1083

Honorable
Aug 22, 2014

I dont think so because I had windows already installed on my SSD and when I reset windows 10 those HDDS were included