Which 1440p monitor should I get?

Solution
My Acer is too big for my desk, I have it turned at a 10 to 15 degree angle. Haha. I have one of those old desks made for CRT monitors.

Anyway I don't have any issues with my Acer. Switching from TN to IPS and seeing the IPS glow took some getting use to. I don't even notice it anymore but my friends also complain a bit when they see it the first time but quickly learn to deal with it.

My only gripe with the monitor was the no VESA mount. Though my desk won't even fit a large widescreen let along 2 or 3 so I never really worried about it. The monitor is super light and can easily carry it with one hand at about any angle.

My current setup is a 1080p on the right on a TV tray, the Acer in the middle turned slightly counter clock...

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I have the Acer G257HU and I love it. My last monitor was a cheap $100 TN 1080p panel and the upgrade was a nice improvement. The super thin bezel around the edge is super nice. The only downside to the Acer is there is no VESA mount on the rear.

ZasianinvasionZ

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

I currently have and IPS monitor and I've never had an issue with blurring and ghosting. I have a EVGA GTX SSC 970

ZasianinvasionZ

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016

My current monitors are Acer and I found some VESA adapters. Do you like the size? That's the one thing holding me back from getting that one. I'm currently on 2 Acer 23inch 1080 IPS panels and I want something bigger.

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
My Acer is too big for my desk, I have it turned at a 10 to 15 degree angle. Haha. I have one of those old desks made for CRT monitors.

Anyway I don't have any issues with my Acer. Switching from TN to IPS and seeing the IPS glow took some getting use to. I don't even notice it anymore but my friends also complain a bit when they see it the first time but quickly learn to deal with it.

My only gripe with the monitor was the no VESA mount. Though my desk won't even fit a large widescreen let along 2 or 3 so I never really worried about it. The monitor is super light and can easily carry it with one hand at about any angle.

My current setup is a 1080p on the right on a TV tray, the Acer in the middle turned slightly counter clock wise, chair and keyboard also turned slightly, and a 3rd monitor nearly 90 degrees on my right. My PC sits above me on my desk's top shelf.

If you're really curious as to my BS setup here ya go. I'm proud of my computer at least. http://i.imgur.com/cHJ6g33.jpg

Solution

L0stChild

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

its more apparent in fast motion games. some ppl notice it some won't. but ive paused shot by shot with both monitors side by side and i saw it.
im not saying its bad im just comparing the two