Did my Win10 Re-Install completed? It wanted to install AGAIN after it restarted.

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

It is probably normal, just checking.

I Re-Installed Windows 10. When it did it's thing, it restarted and instead of going to set my settings, it went back to "Select Language". I thought it was part of selecting settings so I selected English, and hit next, and it said "INSTALL" again. So it was back trying to install Windows.

I am thinking- it is either failed install and wanted to install again, or needed to install something else (not likely), or- it just detected USB drive with OS installer and attempted to boot from it.

I canceled Windows installation, took USB out and restarted. I think it had to restart more than once because I have seen Asus ROG logo several times, and then it went to setting the settings.

Is it ok? Do I need to re-install it? If I do reinstall (because I have excuse to reinstall again for other reason), how do I prevent it from accessing USB drive and attempting to reinstall again? Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
redundant answer since you reinstalling windows again anyway, but its windows installer lacking a warning to tell you to remove USB once its finished.

You did the right thing, it catches people out a lot. There are a few improvements I would make to the installer, some errors just don't make any sense :)

Astralv

Distinguished
I think there was a difference. The install that attempted to restart and reinstall allowed me to install my unsigned Presonus driver- looks like it did not have 1607. Future installs do not allow it. Because I reinstalled- I am back to square one with unsigned driver.