dual monitor setup Acer Predator XB241H 144hz monitor and hp 27in-es 1080p 60hz

iDOtreatngame

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I am planning to use dual monitor setup with the acer 24in 144hz gsync enabled and hp 27in 60hz. Both are 1080p monitors.

I have the gtx 1070.

Will this cause performance issues if i connect both to the graphic card?
or
Can i connect the hp monitor to the mobo hdmi? If this is possible, is it possible to play and view content at the same time? - I have the i7 7700k :no::no: (i know, disappointing, i should have waited :pfff:)

Solution
I run 2x dual monitor rigs, 1 on a gtx660ti with no noticeable problems when gaming and watching videos. But much depends on how much you want settings. If you are pushing 99%usage on the game itself, you'll have some issues running a video also.
ur gtx should have a displayport and a hdmi among others. so connect the 144hz to the display port and 60hz to the hdmi. also remember to enable nvidia surround and the necessary combined resolution in ur game settings. and also check the "extend display" on in display settings in screen resolution panel ;)

iDOtreatngame

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

i intend to use the 60hz monitor as a small load works/video viewing, no gaming. the 144hz monitor will be my primary monitor and it'll be the only one for gaming.

then u can just go for multi display instead of extended display.
about the ports, display port 1.2 to 144hz screen and hdmi to 60hz screen.

iDOtreatngame

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

I got your point but do this affect performance? I'm asking this because if i run both monitors from gpu where im gaming on the primary and watching a video on the secondary, would this cause an fps drops in my game? What about temps of the gpu? Will the Idle/Work load temps increase to a new baseline? If so, in terms of longevity,how much of an impact will my setup have?

All this under the hypothetical situation that i run them with one discrete gpu.

Now say I use the onboard graphics, the intels hd 630, how much of an impact will i notice in terms of load cpu usage/idle cpu usage/load temps/idle temps/longevity..etc? im asking this bc i want the setup to be as efficient as possible.

the gtx 1070 is a very much capable card. but since u have 1 144hz monitor, now it makes more sense to connect that to gpu n 60 to mobo itself. i havent used multi monitor setup on my own. just played in friends home n gaming hubs(elder scroll online in triple monitor).
there will be no probs in fps regarding gpu but may drop a little coz of cpu if multitasking. if u use anything better than a 6600k, u r fine.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I run 2x dual monitor rigs, 1 on a gtx660ti with no noticeable problems when gaming and watching videos. But much depends on how much you want settings. If you are pushing 99%usage on the game itself, you'll have some issues running a video also.

Solution