Need Quality DisplayPort Cables(possibly got bad cheap ones)

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
Ok so i have a triple monitor setup with a gtx 1080 so im using a displayport for all 3 of my monitors. However i think i made a dumb mistake when i bought some cheap displayports. The problem im having is that when you look close at the monitor especially on darker colors like a dark blue or dark gray you can see it has a static like film over the display.

At first it was on only one of my monitors then i switched around the cables in different ways to test if it was my cable, monitor, or gpu and also to try to reduce signal intereference. And i think it might be the cables. However now it has the small static film on 2 of my 3 monitors after messing with the cables.

When i switch to an HDMI it doesnt have the static (however the gpu only has 1 HDMI so im forced to use 3 DP cables) So now im trying to find a "good quality" DP cable but im not sure what im looking for. I did find this one and it has the DP logo on it so i was thinking this might be worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/Accell-B142C-007B-UltraAV-DisplayPort-Locking/dp/B0098HVZBE/ref=sr_1_5?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1488230168&sr=1-5&keywords=displayport&th=1

Is this a good quality cable or do you know of any good ones? And is this likely what is causing my issue?

DeumBelli

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2014
I know that at least 1 of the 3 im using is the same as the one you linked. The other 2 is either also cable matters or its amazon basic or whatever. My main concern i have is that the good DP cables are the ones with teh DP logo on it which that one doesnt have as far as i can tell.