Rc Planes LiPo batteries

Michael_435

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
So i just ordered my first rc plane and it should be here in around a week but i was just wondering how you are supposed to know when the battery is about to die in the plane?

I've heard of LiPo alarms but i dont think those will work because i probably wont hear the alarm while im flying it.

Thanks in advance :D

Solution
All you have to do is calculate the charge capacity of the battery your using.
Along with the Ma hours quoted.

If the model is using a electric motor for the prop.
Then it will have the wattage and amp consumption again per hour for a set Ma hour rated battery.

Divide it and it will tell you how long the battery can run the motor in minuets before it runs flat with charge.

Then it`s a case of remembering the flight time, making sure you land the plane befor time is up Michael.

USAFRet

Titan

This only comes with experience with this particular aircraft and battery.

Michael_435

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

that might have been the most least helpful answer i've ever gotten on this site

USAFRet

Titan

How long this particular battery will last depends on you, and the aircraft, and the conditions.

Get the plane. Fly it very locally...as in if/when it runs out, it will come down in a controlled area.
You'll eventually get a feel for how long that particular battery lasts with your particular flying style.

Experience.

All you have to do is calculate the charge capacity of the battery your using.
Along with the Ma hours quoted.

If the model is using a electric motor for the prop.
Then it will have the wattage and amp consumption again per hour for a set Ma hour rated battery.

Divide it and it will tell you how long the battery can run the motor in minuets before it runs flat with charge.

Then it`s a case of remembering the flight time, making sure you land the plane befor time is up Michael.

Solution

Androguff

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Usually it is written in the user manual. You might get an idea during first or the second usage. The one I have lasts around an hour but I usually don't charge them full.