Upgraded my pc, downgraded my performance?

General Cornflakes

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Yeah, i know, there are a lot of other topics with a similair problem. Yet i havent found a single topic where somebody has a fix for my problems. I've recently made a new PC, reusing my old HDD, these are the new specs:
I5 7600K
GTX 1060
Gigabyte z270X Ultra Gaming
500WPM V2, Sharkoon
8gigs ddr4 2400
I've done everything, fresh install of windows, updated my drivers. I'm really desperate at the moment...
Thanks in advance

Edit:
Forgot to mention my actual problem xD,
Booting up is extremely slow, Mouse cursor thingie lags around, takes half a minute to open an internet page. its just a mess.... One thing i do know for sure is that heat is NOT the problem

How did you reuse your old HDD? Just connected up the cables and boot up?

If so, then this is likely the source of your problems. (In some cases the PC won't even boot up.) On a new build it is advisable to perform a clean installation of Windows.

You could always check Task Manager to see if anything is taking up resources. Basically, try and find abnormal behaviour.

Also possible your old HDD is starting to fail if it really is going slow and not a software issue. Try and rule out the software factors first.

General Cornflakes

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

I've had zero problems with the HDD, i just took it from my old pc. After plugging it in i did a fresh install of Windows. I did notice that my HDD is at 100% usage all the tine... Seems like thats a common problem yet the common fixes dont help. Thanks for replying

I had/have the 100% disc usage problem with my laptop and used every common fix I could find with no result. Most of the fixes include disabling certain services in either Task Manager, Command Prompt or MSConfig off the top of my head.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-100-disk-usage-in-task-manager-improve-pc-performance-on-windows-10/

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3267507/fix-100-disc-usage-system-service.html

None of those fixed my own problem permanently, though DiagTrack was the closest to successful, but see if there's something you've missed. I would recommend listing the fixes you have tried and perhaps someone else has some other thoughts on the matter.

But yes, HDD at 100% would slow PC down to a crawl.

General Cornflakes

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

Alright, i've tried the following:
-disabling AV
-disabling superfetch & windows search
-the fix with the minimal and maximum RAM (i may have forgotten what i was doing xD)
-HDD is 'healthy' according to WDs tool.
-tried different SATA connectors and cables.
I really hope i've forgotten something!
Thanks man