Tripped on display port cable

Hanzo_

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hello there,

Today I was walking over to my lovely PC, and I tripped on my display port cable! Ever since, my image feels different. This is probably just an illusion because I have OCD, and this might be the stupidest thing I've ever asked, but could me tripping on my cable have caused some damage? The cable came out when I tripped, but normally you have to unlock some pins to unplug it.
When I mean damage, I mean damage to the screen itself. Any normal person would probably see no difference at all in the image, because it looks the same. But as I said, I have OCD and so in my mind it looks a little different. Can anyone confirm that this would do nothing to the screen itself?

Thanks

Solution
I guess it's technically possible. Those ports are typically pretty strong though in order to prevent damage so it would depend on how rough or hard the trip was. Was it bad enough to where you ended up physically and visibly yanking the monitor itself across your desk (possible since DP cables physically latch into their ports)? If so the port itself might be damaged. Otherwise if you're seeing a problem it is likely the cable. Try it with a different cable and see if your results are any different.

AntonioE1778

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I guess it's technically possible. Those ports are typically pretty strong though in order to prevent damage so it would depend on how rough or hard the trip was. Was it bad enough to where you ended up physically and visibly yanking the monitor itself across your desk (possible since DP cables physically latch into their ports)? If so the port itself might be damaged. Otherwise if you're seeing a problem it is likely the cable. Try it with a different cable and see if your results are any different.

Solution