Brand new monitor.. motion blur/ghosting?

TDUBS

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2012
I just got a second monitor today which is the ASUS VS238H-P. I got it because I already have one and I wasn't having any issues with it except for the fact that now side-by-side, the first monitor I was using has a darker image than the new one I got today. One thing I noticed and really bothers me is what I believe is to possibly be motion blur, ghosting, or screen-tearing; I'm not too sure what term describes my issue.

Monitor Properties: 59 Mhz refresh rate (tried 60, still no luck).

Demonstration (look at the letters when in motion):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16008396/2017-03-01%2003-58-55-551.mp4

PC Specs:
ASUS Fatal1ty 990-FX motherboard.
AMD Vishera 6300-FX processor.
16GB G.Skill Sniper RAM.
PowerColor Radeon R9 270x Turbo Duo 2GB GDDR5.

Thank you!

Solution
Its not ghosting motion blur or screen tearing, its pretty normal for your refresh rate (60hz)
Screan tearing means that the monitor takes another frame from the gpu while the gpu didnt finished the frame and it causes a new frame on an old one, in screen tearing you will see a line that seperates an old frame and the new one.
BTW its 60Hz not MHz.
If you want your monitor to run like a butter, buy a 144hz monitor.

ExtendLord

Honorable
Feb 8, 2016
Its not ghosting motion blur or screen tearing, its pretty normal for your refresh rate (60hz)
Screan tearing means that the monitor takes another frame from the gpu while the gpu didnt finished the frame and it causes a new frame on an old one, in screen tearing you will see a line that seperates an old frame and the new one.
BTW its 60Hz not MHz.
If you want your monitor to run like a butter, buy a 144hz monitor.

Solution