Windows install somehow being corrupted

ZASchwarz

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Ok so I just built a new computer my motherboard is a Asrock killer z270 sli/ac with an I7 7700k and my memory is G.skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 with a Samsung 850 ssd evo. but im doing a fresh install of windows and it keeps installing completely broken. my background fritzing out explorere.exe crashing almost every other click i have tried 3 different windows installs even one where I modified and added all current updates. but no luck I can't get this computer to run correctly I have gone through 2 mother boards and 2 sets of ram and I am getting the same issue. i also currently have 2 gtx980 tis installed maybe that might be an issue I don't know or maybe some bios setting I am missing everything is currently default on this motherboard. I have also run checkdsk and it is indeed saying that windows is broken and it can not repair every time. also occasionally during startup I will get page fault in non paged area blue screen or bad pool caller.

any and all help is appreciated.

bentejas10

Reputable
Feb 16, 2017
- Did you update to the latest BIOS version?
- Try a different USB
- Try a different PC to download windows onto the USB
- Is your SSD/HDD used?
- Is it windows 10? 7th Gen processors are only compatible with windows 10

ZASchwarz

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

Yes 2 different usb sticks have been used, yes it is windows 10, yes used my laptop to download, and setup up my boot-able usb, my ssd is brand new, and yes My bios is up to date.

ZASchwarz

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

I have tried both native and overclocked trying to get it to ruin and yes I did check to make sure the ram is compatible with the motherboard.