Advice needed on Graphics Card (Never tampered with desktops before)

mohsinsadiq987

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I was gifted this PC:

https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-t3-710-w-core-i7-6700-3-4-ghz-16-gb-2-tb-dtb1haa004/specs/

I want to upgrade from the integrated Intel HD Graphics 530.
I am a video editor and would preferably need a Nvidia card because of CUDA acceleration.
I will not need that much RAM because I will not be gaming.
I will need advice on which one I should get and how should I fit it as I have never tampered with computers before.
I also want one that draws its power from the slot itself as i don't want to upgrade my PSU.
My maximum budget is 100 Pounds.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

What I do when I have specific needs like your is research what your programs work best with. Saying you need CUDA cores means nothing, because videocards come with any number of CUDA cores from a low of about 16 to the thousands. The specific editor you are going to use, what is the recommended level of CUDA cores for it? If you don't know, look into it and don't buy anything until you find out. One resource is the main forums for that software, there will likely be a 'hardware' subforum where it shouldn't take long to see what type of card people are using most.

By the way, don't be surprised if not many people actually use videocards for this. Lots of people just use the CPU since videocard support isn't really as vital in video editing as it is in gaming. You were gifted a really nice computer and that CPU should have no trouble handling video editing.

mohsinsadiq987

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

You should then know that Element 3d does not support Intel Graphics.

The 1050, which is what I'd suggest, is not on the supported list but all the other Pascal cards are(106/1070/1080). So I'm thinking the 1050 will work. Alternatively, the GTX 750 Ti is on the list and should be within your budget, and also uses very little power. It's not as fast as the 1050 but costs less and will probably get the job done well enough. You could contact Video Copilot and ask if the 1050 is supported but not on the list yet.

mohsinsadiq987

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

Thanks Alot.