What's your favorite Mass Effect? Why?

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Mine is ME2, because in my opinion, it unites the best possible qualities which neither of the other two seem to possess. Like the graphics are a lot better than ME1 and not bad if compared to ME3(practically the same), the amount of conversation is just right, ME3 has too little. The mix between dialogue and action is just right, which isn't the case in ME3 which to me has too much action and too little dialogue. Not to mention that the action physics in ME3 isn't as good as that of ME2.

What about you?

3, with 2 coming a close second. I liked the story and missions in 2, but overall 3 had more refined combat, better DLC, and added a dimension of horror with Banshees and the Leviathan.

The only off putting thing in 3 was the need to do repetitive fetch quests to build military readiness, but 2 had it's annoyances in making sure you made the right choices in dialog to get enough Paragon points to keep all your crew alive.

I'm really hoping they continue to improve with Andromeda. I do worry from what I've seen so far though, that the story, characters, and voicing may be aimed a bit too much toward the younger social media crowd, like Watch Dogs 2. That can be an immersion killer

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

To me, they've already done that with ME3 in relation to ME2, so they'll probably further that in Andromeda.

Yeah hopefully there will only be minor nit picks, but admittedly, I've been fooled by too many game and movie trailers, so I won't judge it until I see it.

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Unfortunately for me, judging by ME3 I don't think Andromeda will be any better than ME2, at least for me, ME2 is in my opinion a very hard one to beat.

TRENDING THREADS