Amplifier and Subs suggestions...

jot17

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hello,
Can someone please tell me if the following set up will be good(HIFONICS HPX1200.1D CLASS D MONO BLOCK 1200W 1 OHM AMP & Kicker 40CWD122 12" 1200W Car Subwoofers 4 gauge wiring kit and PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter ). I have stock Head unit 2009 Honda Accord LX. I did put aftermarket speakers in my car: 2 sets Kicker 40CSS654 6.5" 600 Watt Car Audio Component Speakers Systems CSS65. Also can someone please recommend me an amp for mids and highs for my speakers?

Thanks

Solution
Hello in theory it will sound OK. It will probably take a little tweaking with your line out converter.

One thing to think about though. You will be feeding all the base to your internal speakers as well as your subwoofer. This will make your music sound very muddy at loud volumes. I would reccommend getting an aftermarket head unit with at lest a 6 band equalizer and high and low pass filters. Also make sure the pre- outs are at lest 3volts.

When you set your high pass filter to filter out the bass to your 6.5's and push only Bass to your sub with the low pass filter you will notice a HUGE difference in your music quality at loud volumes.

jrrdmchls

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hello in theory it will sound OK. It will probably take a little tweaking with your line out converter.

One thing to think about though. You will be feeding all the base to your internal speakers as well as your subwoofer. This will make your music sound very muddy at loud volumes. I would reccommend getting an aftermarket head unit with at lest a 6 band equalizer and high and low pass filters. Also make sure the pre- outs are at lest 3volts.

When you set your high pass filter to filter out the bass to your 6.5's and push only Bass to your sub with the low pass filter you will notice a HUGE difference in your music quality at loud volumes.

Solution

jot17

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

The only reason why I don't want to put an aftermarket radio is because it will change the way my interior dashboard looks. It will look odd in an accord because of the way the dashboard is designed. I just want enough bass for myself. I don't want to shake my neighbors windows. By just installing separate amp for speakers won't do me any good?

jrrdmchls

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

I mean it can be done. With something like this https://www.crutchfield.com/p_1616XSB/AudioControl-6XS-Black.html