Need help with Audio and SATA drivers, please

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey, guys

I am reinstalling Windows for like 12th time and keep making mistakes with drivers because I probably don't know what I am doing. Almost all installed, will deal with Graphics card drivers tomorrow. Tonight- need help with Audio and SATA. This is the drivers site for my Rog Maximus Hero 270: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

1. SATA. Not sure what installer to use. For all drivers on Asus motherboards, they have |Asus Setup file as well as regular SetUp file. My understanding is that regular Setup file is from original manufacturer of the driver, and AsusSetup is installer that holds it all together. Am I right? Hope so because I used this method on 3 other builds.
The problem with SATA is that when I open the folder SATA, it has 2 folders:
Driver and Install.
Inside Driver folder: AsusSetup file (exe) and 2 folders:
64bit and 32bit
Inside 64bit it has AsusSetup and Asus Setup64
Inside 32bit folder only AsusSetup.

Inside Install folder only one Asus Setup.

In the past, I opened Driver Folder and used 1st Asus Setup file. Then I open Install folder and used the only Asus Setup file.

Now I am wondering, why in Driver folder it has 64 bit and 32 bit folder and why 64bit folder contains Asus Setup and Asus Setup64?

If I use highest folder level Asus Setup, does it mean- it will install all that needs to be installed, or do I need to go inside 64bit folder and use Asus Setup64?

2. For the Audio
When open Audio folder, it contains only one Asus Setup file. But there are 2 folders: Sonic Suite and Sonic Radar. Last time I used Asus Setup file, it installed both Sonic Suite and Sonic Radar programs, and I don't want either because this computer will be using Pro Audio driver. Also I do use desktop speakers to play videos and listen Soundcloud and Spotify. My speakers work now. Do I need to install Audio driver? Any way to install it without Sonic Suite and Sonic Radar? Should I do to manufacturer web site? Realtek? I noted that that other Setup.exe (Not AsusSetup.exe) is from Realtek corporation and it significantly smaller- maybe it is what I need- clean driver without extra software? I would not know which driver to install... Thank you very much in advance!

Colif

Win 11 Master
12th.. (oh yeah, i wasn't going to ask)...

its very possible windows update has gathered all the drivers for your PC already, if you look in update history there could be a bundle called AMD which stands for Asus Motherboard Drivers

Otherwise, I know I said don't install AI Suite but as you having problems working out which drivers to install, I would install AI Suite but not run 5 way optimisation. Instead look in its tools menu for EZy update, this will download the drivers for your board and probably be able to work out which files to install

Astralv

Distinguished

Well- I dont have graphic card driver installed and it may be related to its DP port not working properly. It has "Unknown PCIE device I dont know what it is... But computer is off like. Guess, I soul;d let it go on line and register itself.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Win 10 will look for drivers for you, its pretty good at finding what you need but the drivers may not be the newest ones available, if you let windows get online it might find the Asus Motherboard driver pack I mentioned above.

The only driver i used to install myself was GPU but I stopped bothering recently and WU updated me to latest a few days ago.

The only driver it won't install is the BIOS as tbh I want it to stay that way.

Astralv

Distinguished

I have installed AI Suit 3 on my other computers. It is good for fans, but this computer has fan controller and the fans are not connected to the motherboard. I initially (before W reinstall) installed AI Suit, and I could tell how it slowed down the boot- not even boot but the time before Desktop is fully ready. And then it started giving me error messages and would open every other time. The Easy Update also was offering me Gigabit Internet driver like 3 times. So I decided not to bother with it. But SATA is important driver. Not sure what it does- my drives sowing up but it is likely important.

I was just hoping that folks here who installed Asus drivers will share their opinion on what installer to use- the one on upper level folder- first one AsusSetup, or open 64bit folder and use AsusSetup 64. And if anybody installed Audio driver using Realtek installer instead of AsusSetup.

Colif

Win 11 Master
SATA drivers control the communication between ssd/hdd and motherboard so you could say they important :)

My guess would be that if you are running 64bit, you install the AsusSetup 64

as for Realtek, I have the driver from Realtek but only as my board is older than yours as chances are Asus driver is older than one I have. The only big difference between the two is going to be branding. The Realtek HD Audio Manager has an Asus logo on it if you use the Asus drivers, thats pretty much it

Astralv

Distinguished
Not just branding. For Audio- Asus set up has Sonic Suit and Sonic Radar that install with it, I am hoping that the other driver is just that- plain driver.

For SATA... I am thinking I should use first AsusSetup and hope that it will grab the right driver for 64 bit. I dont know why they would want me to go inside the folder, then insider that other folder to find AsusSetup64 file. Many software titles have general installer and 32 and 64 bit folders. I am ok with folders, but it has more installers inside of those folders- that is confusing.

Did you see my post in the other thrda- Presonus is NOT working. Epic Failure.