Multiple BSODs over the course of several months please help!

oneshot77

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
Hello I'm new here and need help. Over the course of about 4 months i have had 1 BSOD a week. At first I tried to find solutions but most never worked and now i need help because this past week the crashes went from once a week to about twice a day. I'm at my wits end here so here are my specs and dmp file.

CPU: FX-8120
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
GPU: GeForce GTX 970 MSI Gaming 4GB Edition
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1333MHz

Here is a link to my lastest crash minidump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz4rifmjh087f45/030217-21562-01.dmp?dl=0

It also isnt just 1 specific crash aswell but a wide range of different stopcodes and occasional restarting without displaying a BSOD.

Solution
Two things come to mind: 1) PSU problem, 2) CMOS battery is weak.

Power off and open the case. Check that all cables are snuggly connected and that all chips, memory modules, and cards are firmly and fully seated.

If the case is full of dust and debris - clean accordingly.

However it is best to dig deeper and see what, if anything, else can be learned.

Go into Event Viewer to see what is being logged just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Look for red and yellow icons in particular.

Spend some time learning your way around and remember that some logs may be very large. May indicate no data but actually there is and it takes some time to load and display.

Right-clicking on any given entry will provide more information about...

Ralston18

Titan
Two things come to mind: 1) PSU problem, 2) CMOS battery is weak.

Power off and open the case. Check that all cables are snuggly connected and that all chips, memory modules, and cards are firmly and fully seated.

If the case is full of dust and debris - clean accordingly.

However it is best to dig deeper and see what, if anything, else can be learned.

Go into Event Viewer to see what is being logged just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Look for red and yellow icons in particular.

Spend some time learning your way around and remember that some logs may be very large. May indicate no data but actually there is and it takes some time to load and display.

Right-clicking on any given entry will provide more information about what happened. Errors codes can be useful.

Google those error codes but remember to seek some concensus within your findings.

No need to react or apply some fix until there is some certainty about what is happening.

Solution