Power supply not shutting down completely

DMWhite

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
When my system is shutdown, there is still 4V measured on the 12V & 5V rails. I discovered this by accidentally bumping my DVD-Rom drive eject button when the system was turned off. The drawer tried to open but not enough voltage so the led just blinked. I opened the case and to my surprise the power supply fan was still running very slow and the 4V was measured. I just upgraded my system with an ASUS Z270-k MB & I7-7700k CPU. The power supply worked fine with my old equipment. I have searched many forums and found nothing about this issue. The power supply is LSP Ultra 650W. Model: ULT-LSP650P. I have looked at BIOS settings hoping to find something wrong but if there is I don't see it. Tried a different PSU (older model) but same issue. I will gladly supply any information anybody wants to try to figure this out. I would like to think that a new PSU of recent manufacture might resolve this but that's a lot of money to spend on a trial.

WayneTech

Reputable
Feb 22, 2017
It sounds like you might have a faulty board.

There are really only a few options here:

Do you still have the warranty? if so contact the company to replace it because of the issue.

If not, your final option would be updating the motherboard BIOS - go to the manufacturers website and look for the applicable BIOS updates for your motherboard.

I hope this helps

DMWhite

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

DMWhite

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
The board is new. Bought it last week. Updated the BIOS to the latest version but no help. Talked to ASUS this afternoon and they think it is my PSU even after I told them the PSU works perfectly with the old board. I suppose I could buy a new PSU and try it. I still have plenty of time to RMA the board if that doesn't work. Maybe my PSU is too old and there is something in the design of the new ones that the board is looking for. Really odd. Thanks for the fast reply.