win 10 blue screen geek squad no HELP

karsgma

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
ok I have win 10 pre installed on Toshiba satellite just bought last year I purchased geek squad. In 2 years it has been repaired 2 for registry and viruses. I did not renew with them and ever since I have blue screen with bad system config I have been through every advanced repair option and same thing need media disc well I called geek squad and I was told I had to pay a couple 100 to repair it ? I sais well I was never given my win 10 product code could you give that to me and he said not unless I bring it in because they don't give them on preinstalled software anymore please help

Solution
we should be able to save you that :)

Did you try this?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << if you don't have one already

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Type bootrec /repairmbr and hit Enter. This will rebuild the Master Boot Record.
Reboot your computer and retest.

another option is system restore
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore - hopefully there is a recent date to pick, this will roll...

Colif

Win 11 Master
we should be able to save you that :)

Did you try this?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << if you don't have one already

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Type bootrec /repairmbr and hit Enter. This will rebuild the Master Boot Record.
Reboot your computer and retest.

another option is system restore
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore - hopefully there is a recent date to pick, this will roll system back to that date and hopefully fix this for you.

if neither of those help, we can try a factory restore which will hopefully reinstall all the pre installed software you had

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
Should be an option for factory restore here, it will wipe entire PC and set it back to how it was when you got it

Also, you don't need your licence code anymore. If win 10 is currently activated, it will always reactivate on that PC again, Microsoft have details of PC + licence on their servers, if you reinstalled win 10, and got to screen asking for licence, you click "I don't have a key" and it will continue install and auto activate once complete.The silly shop should know that, or perhaps they do and just want your money...

Solution