Disk usage somehow always at 100%. Tried everything

Thunderkill77

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
Hi,
Currently I am using an MSI gx70 3be-x007us laptop, you can look up the specs. Basically, I have used it for school, gaming, programming, streaming, and just about anything you can think of to do with a computer. Now, whenever I start up a program, the disk usage will rise up to 100%, and when I start a game with Steam, it stays at 100% with even the least demanding games. I used to be able to play all of these games and had no problems, now I'm getting insane lag. I don't really know what went wrong, but the disk is for some reason unable to handle more than a few Mb/s anymore. I can't even start up the task manager without it jumping up to 100%, and it makes no sense because it says right there that it only is using about 2 Mb/s but somehow that is full disk capacity. When I go to the performance tab it says there is 700 Gigs of disk space, so I just have no idea what the problem is. I've tried about everything that I could find in the forums, Disabled superfetch, WSearch, windows notifications, configured my virtual memory, configured the registry of my driver, etc. I'm at my wits end, I've spent about the last 6 hours trying to solve this problem, I even used reimage plus to possibly fix something wrong with the OS, and now I'm considering just a full f***ing factory reset to rid the system of whatever the heck is wrong with this machine. If you have any idea what is wrong any help would be greatly appreciated.