How to clean IPS monitor (acer predator x34)

Jp9988

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
So for some reason I decided to gag while taking a drink of a whiskey a coke and managed to spit it all over my screen. Its the one above in the title. I've wiped it down with a clean rag but it still feels a bit sticky. Whats the best way to go about this dumb muck up

Solution
You want make sure the monitor gets the least moisture on it as possible. However, your mess will require more than a clean rag. Manuals always tell you to use a microfiber cloth no liquids but they never predict just how bad the mess can be. My suggestion is to get a bunch of paper towel and grab more off the roll every time the current batch in your hand is too dirty. You will want to spray the cloth itself (not the monitor) with a multi-purpose cleaner, something you might use for windows but also works quite well with plastics. To prevent damaging the screen you will want to use as little pressure as possible, allowing the moisture to soften up the dirt. This will mean a new batch of paper towel will be needed quite often.

I hope...

silverbot01

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
You want make sure the monitor gets the least moisture on it as possible. However, your mess will require more than a clean rag. Manuals always tell you to use a microfiber cloth no liquids but they never predict just how bad the mess can be. My suggestion is to get a bunch of paper towel and grab more off the roll every time the current batch in your hand is too dirty. You will want to spray the cloth itself (not the monitor) with a multi-purpose cleaner, something you might use for windows but also works quite well with plastics. To prevent damaging the screen you will want to use as little pressure as possible, allowing the moisture to soften up the dirt. This will mean a new batch of paper towel will be needed quite often.

I hope this doesn't happen again, that's a very expensive monitor to be getting covered in alcohol and coke. I suggest perhaps using a secondary cheap monitor for when you are drinking.

Solution