Dual monitor setup with gpu and mobo won't work

So I have a second monitor which is a little bit old and uses Vga. I already have 1 monitor hooked up to my gpu with vga so i have no slots left in my gpu. After some research i found out that i could connect it with my mobo so i did that and enabled igp dual monitors in my bios. When i detect my monitor i don't find the second one. I also installed the Vga drivers for my mobo. Can somebody pls help??

My pc:
msi z170a pc mate
gigabyte gtx 1060 G1
intel i5 6600k
First monitor: Asus Vg248
Second: Acer....
5 answers Last reply
More about dual monitor setup gpu mobo work
  1. You can only use integrated graphics or your 1060, not both at the same time. You will need to buy a dvi to vga converter and connect both monitors to your 1060.
  2. bumnut53 said:
    You can only use integrated graphics or your 1060, not both at the same time. You will need to buy a dvi to vga converter and connect both monitors to your 1060.

But why do i have an option for dual monitors using gpu and integrated graphics if its not possible?
  3. 'enabled igp dual monitors in my bios'

IGP is integrated graphics, maybe the setting means you can connect 2 screens to your integrated graphics.
  4. bumnut53 said:
    'enabled igp dual monitors in my bios'

IGP is integrated graphics, maybe the setting means you can connect 2 screens to your integrated graphics.

It litteraly says 'use a monitor on your gpu and one on your integrated graphics'.
  5. In that case im not sure, sorry.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Dual Monitors Monitors VGA