i need you to help me guys :(

lovetaoun1

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
When i boot computer i want to know system file which is a legacy and UEFI. Can you help me?. How do i know?

Solution
Legacy boot matches all versions of Windows prior to windows 8 & 10. It uses MBR Partition scheme for drives & has been around since 1982
EUFI is the newest form of BIOS and is used by windows 8 64 bit and windows 10 64bit versions. It uses GPT partition scheme and will be used for a long time to come.

If you had win 7 on PC before and only upgraded to win 10 then you probably want Legacy
If you had Win 8 or clean installed win 10, then you want UEFI

If your boot drive is bigger than 2tb then you have to use UEFI as Legacy cannot read more than 2tb on a boot drive

Does that help?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Legacy boot matches all versions of Windows prior to windows 8 & 10. It uses MBR Partition scheme for drives & has been around since 1982
EUFI is the newest form of BIOS and is used by windows 8 64 bit and windows 10 64bit versions. It uses GPT partition scheme and will be used for a long time to come.

If you had win 7 on PC before and only upgraded to win 10 then you probably want Legacy
If you had Win 8 or clean installed win 10, then you want UEFI

If your boot drive is bigger than 2tb then you have to use UEFI as Legacy cannot read more than 2tb on a boot drive

Does that help?

Solution