Samsung HD LCD TV restarts constantly !

omikron808

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Hi, I have a Samsung HD LCD Model :la46m81bdx.

Whenever it tries to display in High definition the screen restarts as if it is overheating. The lower the resolution the longer the screen stays on, when displaying AV it seems to never restart but with HD the higher the resolution the more frequently it restarts. I thought it might be the notorious bad capacitor issue that many Samsung LCD's face, but after replacing all the caps on the power supply board the symptoms remain.

Anyone have any ideas what i should be looking at ? perhaps the logic board ?

Also, with this model of TV it seems that there is no option to upgrade firmware, there is no option within the TV menu (or TV service menu) and the the firmware file required for a manual upgrade seems to be non-existent.

Jun 16, 2019
So Samsung says the “rebooting” of some of their TVs is due to the TV detecting problem and attempting to fix it by rebooting.
My 2010 Plasma started rebooting so often, I was afraid to try to update the software. In my situation there was no dust in the TV to speak of and all the capacitors looked fine. Software/firmware got updated to the latest.
Another comment on another site said they checked all the ribbon connectors. Once the back panel was off, of the dozen or more ribbons, I found maybe two that were a bit loose and pushed them back in.
Problem solved.
Then I remembered what happened. Earlier that day I had the volume up to the max for the first time ever because there was so much noise outside from construction I could not hear the TV.
The loudspeakers must have vibrated some connectors loose.
Okums razor. I wonder how many people spent money only due to a loose connector.