So I've just build my first computer:
Asus Prime Z270 A
32 gig G. SKill DDR4 - 3400 (4x 8gig) RAM
i7 7700k
Noctua NH-D14
GTX 1080
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB 2.5 inch Solid State Drive - Black
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Corsair Gaming (CH-9000088-UK) STRAFE Performance Red Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard UK Black
Corsair Black RGB M65 PRO

So I keep getting, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, when trying to install Windows 10 on this PC.

This stared as a boot then crash cycle after updating some drivers and updating my BIOS. So I have taken out the 2TB hardrive and used diskpart to clean my SSD on another pc for a new clean install.

I still have the same problem upon installing windows 10 the logo comes up to install windows the wheel underneath spins for a moment before crashing into DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, OR page fault in nonpaged area.

I have tried to take the 1080 out, and my wireless internet adaptor out and install same thing happens.
The copy of Windows 10 comes from the media creation tool from Microsoft, using a USB stick I have had the media creation tool create a bootable,I have also tried rufus to create a bootable usb for me with win 10 on. I still get the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL upon trying to install.

I have also cleared CMOS I still get the error.

I just updated BIOS to Ver 0801, this did not help.

The only thing I have not played with is my RAM, as it means I need to take the Noctua cooler off.

The SSD is blank I really dont understand why I am getting these errors on trying to install Windows 10. If anyone could help me that would be awesome! I've ran out of ideas now.

Solution
quite honestly ram not on the qvl supported list usually works any way

they just cant test every ram is all

did it all work ok before updating the bios?

if so i would try rolling back the bios

superbaggand

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
I am not overclocking at all at the moment. It seems i get further in the install without the corsair keyboard and mouse plugged in put it still ultimately fails and crashes

those shouldnt matter

i have that mouse

and the strafe RGB keyboard

though trying a different usb port wont hurt

but the actual mouse and keyboard shouldnt be the problem

it will run the ram at that speed

until you set it to the correct speed manually

or turn on xmp in the bios

you can use your windows disk/usb to run a memory test/check

superbaggand

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
BIOS never even had a 3400 speed to run at, it was something like 3444 or 3330.

Hmm I'm halfway through removing the RAM more should be with me by Wednesday, the windows usb wont even load any problem solving options, it just wont load up anything without crashing.

turning on xmp in bios should automatically set it to the right speed

try with less than all 4 ram sticks in to see if windows loads

though dont see why that board wouldnt work with 4 x 8gb

my z270-e has no problem doing it with 32gb at 3000mhz

superbaggand

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016

I'll to removing RAM now, Just had more RAM delivered and installed its still booting into the error.

superbaggand

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016

Okay then Ill try that just have to e-mail ASUS as the firmware isn't available on line.