Undecided on which monitor, please help.

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Hello i want to make a triple monitor setup, my current monitor is: Philips 226V3LSB/00, i cant get those one's anymore where i live, so i found these 2 , could any of you recommend me which one would be the best purchase? The Acer monitor as an extra HDMI entrance, and its only 8€ more expensive, and i want to buy 2 monitors, so here's the monitors i had in mind:

PHILIPS K222HQLBD - Monitor LED 21,5" Full HD

or

ACER - K222HQL (LED / 21.5P / 1920x1080 / HDMI DVI VGA)

what could it be the best one? and I already have 1 Philips monitor.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Between your two choices, the Philips 223V5LSB2 and the Acer K222HQLBD, for triple monitor with your existing Philips 226V3LSB, I would go for the Acer.

When placed side-by-side, the heights of your current Philips (at 397mm) would nearly match the height of the Acer (at 390.5mm). A bit ~20mm shorter will be the Philips 223V5LSB2 (at only 376mm).

Your current Philips also has both VGA (analog) and DVI-D (digital) video inputs. The Acer has the same. Therefore, you can have digital output display for all your monitors. The Philips 223V5LSB2 does not have any digital inputs (only VGA).

The Acer also has a gloss finish (same as your current Philips). The Philips 223V5LSB2 is matte (doesn't pair nicely with your current Philips)...

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
on the website that im seeing it says in the tittle Philips , but at the bottom it says Acer, i thought it was a typo until i found an Acer monitor with that exact name

but on the website that im seeing, the images are clearly Philips, and it says Philips on the tittle aswell and also, one says it as an extra HDMI slot then the other

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
thats exactly the website, thank you.

well, which one of the both is the best option to make a triple monitor setup? and i already have one philips monitor.

what do you think its the best option?

Between your two choices, the Philips 223V5LSB2 and the Acer K222HQLBD, for triple monitor with your existing Philips 226V3LSB, I would go for the Acer.

When placed side-by-side, the heights of your current Philips (at 397mm) would nearly match the height of the Acer (at 390.5mm). A bit ~20mm shorter will be the Philips 223V5LSB2 (at only 376mm).

Your current Philips also has both VGA (analog) and DVI-D (digital) video inputs. The Acer has the same. Therefore, you can have digital output display for all your monitors. The Philips 223V5LSB2 does not have any digital inputs (only VGA).

The Acer also has a gloss finish (same as your current Philips). The Philips 223V5LSB2 is matte (doesn't pair nicely with your current Philips).

The rest of the features between these 2 monitors are almost identical with your current (5ms, TN, 1080p, 60hz, etc.)

Both these 2 monitors have thinner bezels than your current Philips. Both these monitors are slightly dimmer at maximum settings at 200cd/sq.m. brightness (compared to your current Philips at max. 250cd/sq.m.).

Solution