Is my p9x79 WS Dead?

Camelious

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Hello to all.
I am not sure if my p9x79 ws is dead. That is because the onboard red power and green reset switch light up when connected to the PSU. The symptoms are that nothing is happening when I start the machine. No sounds, no boot, no nothing. I tried with another PSU that I know is working and again same symptoms, so it is not the PSU. Then I took out the processor and tried it in another exact motherboard and it worked fine, so it is not the CPU. Then I took everything out of the case and tried with only one ram and the cpu. Again same symptoms, no sounds, no boot, no nothing. Though the onboard red power and green reset switch still light up. When I press them they also do nothing. Can it be that the motherboard is dead but the onboard red power and green reset switch still light up? I hope it is not dead because I have invested much on this and I dont think I will find another LGA 2011 to replace it with.
CPU is I7 3930K
Ram is 4X8GB Corsair Vengeance.
Video is an ASUS fanless card

Please help me people as I need badly the pc back on!
Thank you in advance!

Camelious

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
I flashed the bios with usb and it seems like it did it right. Light started to flash slow, then faster, then turned off. Though it still does not boot. So is it dead or not? How can it be dead if I can flash it?
Thanks

Smac_27

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I'm literally having the exact same issue as of this morning.
Did anyone answer. Can someone please chime and help us.

Smac_27

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I was able to power up my computer after leaving it unplugged.
However it shutdown after a couple of hours and same issue.
This all happened after an upgrade in windows 10 and I saw a message regarding overclocking.
I do believe this is the issue.

We have an almost identical setup except for the graphics card, mine is

GPU
EVGA DS Superclocked 015-P3-1587-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Let's keep each other posted.