help windows update and store failing

chris_112

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
ok crazy complex issue. so starting in November my pc stoped downloading updates. i did not notice till neer the end of December i have tried everything i could think of to fix this issue.

along the way i have found othere related issues that must be being cuased by the same thing

while i can connect to the internet wach videos and download games in steam and do pretty much anything i want online. yet windows store windows updater and even in the network settings my computer seams to think i have no connection to my network. if i trouble shoot it just resets the network card but fails to fix anything.

i have deleted and reinstalled network drivers.
i have run 15 different commands through cmd 10 times each.
i got rid of the software distro folder
i have fallowed every guide i could find online for fixing even remotely simler situations i even manule installed the last 2 cumulative windows updates hoping one would fix it.

i even did a windows repair install which i can not understand how that could possible not fix it as it pretty much wiped every thing.

i just dont understand how i can be online but windows update and windows store both fail to connect at all.
is there anything that i might be missing?

Solution
so i finaly got it fixed after trying another repair install reseting and redownloading tons of drivers, reinstaling the update agent messing with every network seting and runging 5 driver update tools and 8 repair/fix tools. I finaly found one that worked.
for anyone that wants to know or needs it in the future the one that worked was "tweaking.com - windows repair"
have no idea what it did that all the others missed but it worked.

thanks for your help along the way

Lutfij

Titan
1| Seeing how even a repair install does nothing for you, I'd have to ask you to bite the bullet, backup your critical content and reinstall your OS. Though before you install, I'd ask you to recreate the bootable USB installer and then install your OS.
2| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?
3| If you can please pass on your full system's specs.

chris_112

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I did initaly think it could be a bios driver issue as i had recently updated my bios to the 1801 version so i could have a bigger hard drive. i already tried installing the 3602(the newest one) and it did not seam to fix the issue.

make sure your date and time are correct in both windows and your computer BIOS because that can stop windows update and store from working

have you tried the windows update troubleshooter?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/512a5183-ffab-40c5-8a68-021e32467565/windows-update-troubleshooter

if these two options do not work the last resort before a backup and clean install would be to try a Tool called WSUS offline updater. this tool will create an executable file that pulls all updates off windows update server in a file you can run. i have used this tool already on a windows 7 computer to fix update issues with that OS so it may help fix your windows update issues too

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

chris_112

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

i have tried the troble shooter it just keeps wanting to reset the network card.
the bios is set to the right time.
i had not cheaked that so thanks for the reminder of that.

running that software now.

i realy want to avoid doing a full re install as i do not have a windows 10 key as i upgraded from windows 8.

chris_112

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
so i finaly got it fixed after trying another repair install reseting and redownloading tons of drivers, reinstaling the update agent messing with every network seting and runging 5 driver update tools and 8 repair/fix tools. I finaly found one that worked.
for anyone that wants to know or needs it in the future the one that worked was "tweaking.com - windows repair"
have no idea what it did that all the others missed but it worked.

thanks for your help along the way

Solution