What I like about this forum.

Mercian

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
No snobbery, someone with a I7 10 core super rig will give time and advice to someone who is struggling with a Pentium 4 without a hint of of being patronising. I like that.

Solution
Yeah, more fun to build value rigs and squeeze that last ounce of performance out of someone's budget than build a PC for a Saudi Prince. :p
More satisfying knowing you're helping someone to a large extent.
Everyone has different price ranges and economic situations, being snobby about your own rig is called being an ass. :p
Same with the whole 'PCMR' and console MR crowd, the whole thing is silly, they serve different purposes and different audiences, leave each to their own.

Mercian

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014

Totally in agreement with PCMR thing. I like playing AAA games and if Bethesda for example, did not sell to the console market it would not have the budget to makes games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

I do like Tom's better than any other tech. forum. It comes down to the environment tailored by Tom's via the TOS and guidelines. The trolling and other shady elements are usually shot down within minutes leaving a family friendly feel and with the insane amount of knowledge and wisdom provided by its members, mods and staff it is inviting and satisfying on many levels.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah most of the community here is here to help, not show off. I honestly enjoy speccing people $500-750 builds as much if not more than $2500 builds sure the $2500 one will perform light-years better but at that budget you have to be special needs to not be able to build a monster rig. The 500-750 range $25 spent in the wrong place can hurt performance by 10-20% that $500 means as much to whoever picked that budget as the $2500 does to the other guy or gal.

As for fixing older hardware same thing applies. The person who doesn't have the funds, doesn't have the funds it's just as helpful to get them back going for as cheaply as possible as it is to help someone save one build.

The community here is why I come back over and over. Always something more to learn or teach. Plenty around here know many times the things I do, plenty I know a lot more. Always help here for anyone willing to listen/learn

TRENDING THREADS