BAD_POOL_HEADER on newly built pc

Masonic

Honorable
Nov 22, 2014
Hey guys I recently built my own gaming computer, last night and today I have gotten several crashes while browsing the web and the error says BAD_POOL_HEADER, I dont know how to fix this and was hoping someone can help me out, thank you. I've also only had this computer for about a month and it has never done this until last night, I didn't make any changes to the computer or installed any new programs.

I am also connecting to the internet with a wireless dlink dwa-160
Specs:
MOBO: msi gaming z170
GPU:gtx 1070ftw
CPU:i7 6700k
RAM:Gskill Ripjaws ddr4 memory 2400mhz

EDIT: I used bluescreenviewer and it turns out something called ntoskrnl.exe+24dde0 and tcpip.sys+15f665 are causing the crashes still dont know how to fix this though.

Solution
tcpip.sys is internet so I would either run an antivirus scan or update motherboard lan drivers (if you go to MSI web site for motherboard, go to drivers/utilities section and download live update 6 - run it and it will check motherboard for newer drivers. I wouldn't use it to update bios but everything else is pretty safe)

ntoskrnl = new technology operating system kernel: the heart of windows, blamed for driver errors if the instructions given cause it to crash. Windows won't work without it

See if updating lan drivers fixes BSOD. If it doesn't, can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create...

Colif

Win 11 Master
tcpip.sys is internet so I would either run an antivirus scan or update motherboard lan drivers (if you go to MSI web site for motherboard, go to drivers/utilities section and download live update 6 - run it and it will check motherboard for newer drivers. I wouldn't use it to update bios but everything else is pretty safe)

ntoskrnl = new technology operating system kernel: the heart of windows, blamed for driver errors if the instructions given cause it to crash. Windows won't work without it

See if updating lan drivers fixes BSOD. If it doesn't, can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution

Masonic

Honorable
Nov 22, 2014

Yeah I read a bit more of it and it is the tcpip.sys, not ntoskrnl, my computer has been okay for a few hours, I'll make sure to install those drivers aswell

Masonic

Honorable
Nov 22, 2014

Yeah I already updated both the wifi adapter and lan drivers, my computer has been running well tonight, so hopefully it has been fixed, thank you for the help :)