Bsod everytime i boot pc

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
I was playing h1z1 for about ten minutes then it crashed. 1 minute later i get a bsod. After that I boot my pc and i would a blue screen everytime it loads for a little bit. Some codes i saw was driver iqrl less or not equal, bad pool header, special pool detected memory corruption, system service exception, critical process died, kernel security check failure, and driver overran stack buffer.

I dont know what to do. Please help.

My specs

Windows 10 64 bit
Gigabyte Z170X gaming 7 rev 1.0
I7 6700k intel
Evga gtx 1050 sc as a temporary card
(Main card is gtx 1070 but was faulty)
Hyperx 8gb memory x2
2 tb hard drive and 256 gb ssd
Evga 750 watt supernova

Solution
One of your drivers really took a dislike to your PC then. Have you installed any new ones recently?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << just a boot disc

if you have another USB drive, download whocrashed and put it on the USB

see if we can get to safe mode
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << this may not be here (which sux) so instead try start up repair
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if it gets to safe mode, have a look in device...

Colif

Win 11 Master
One of your drivers really took a dislike to your PC then. Have you installed any new ones recently?

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << just a boot disc

if you have another USB drive, download whocrashed and put it on the USB

see if we can get to safe mode
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options << this may not be here (which sux) so instead try start up repair
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if it gets to safe mode, have a look in device manager and see if any unknown devices, and if GPU is still showing as what it should be
to get to device manager, right click start button and choose it from list

I would also install Whocrashed and run it, it will look at the errors and create a report. click the file header at top, and choose export, it will make a html file that should copy onto USB and then upload to a file sharing site and share a link here

what was wrong with other GPU?

Solution

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
Hello, sorry for the late response.

I can get into safe mode and checked for any unknown devices which i did not find but i did find some caution triangle symbols on my Ethernet and generic pnp monitor. My gpu is is still showing as it should be.

Anything to so after i saw these. I can way tomorrow for your response

Colif

Win 11 Master
the triangle is what i was wondering about. Sorry I was slow to answer :)

did you have drivers installed for monitor? you don't need them installed normally, just odd its showing a warning. Look at the properties and see if it shows what fault is.

Visit the Gigabyte site for motherboard and download latest ethernet drivers and put them on USB so you can try to update drivers for Ethernet as i suspect its a driver problem.

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
The pnp monitor says it does not work in safe mode and the ethernet driver says code 28 the drivers for this device are not installed. I looked on gigabytes website for an ethernet driver but couldnt find one.

Edit: Instead of getting a bsod when loading to windows. I can login with my password but theb a minute later it crashes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
look on here under win 10, lan - looks like you have two choices

Bigfoot LAN or Intel LAN, i would download both since I cannot tell which you were using

as for windows, sometimes just loading into safe mode can fix things but clearly it wasn't for long.

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
I will do that right and also i somehow can get back into normal mode with no crashes except when i play games or pressing live update on my gigabyte app center

Colif

Win 11 Master
hopefully fixing the lan drivers fixed the errors, as the error you got is just blaming windows - if the driver gives windows a request it cannot follow then it can cause windows to crash.

if you get more errors, we will have to try another fix.

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
I played a full game of rocket league with no bsods or anything. Thank you for your time helping me :)

EDIT: If possible may I private message you later on if I get the same problems?

Colif

Win 11 Master
ntoskrnl = new technology operating system kernel: its the brains of windows, it does lots of different things, some of which are dealing with driver requests. So it gets the blame if the instruction given to it by a driver causes it to crash. Its not the problem generally, it just gets the blame. I wish it didn't as it would make finding driver errors much easier :)

did you download the win 10 installer? I only ask as occassionally the next fix can cause PC to go into a boot loop but generally it will help us find the driver(s) causing your BSOD
Try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

Once it bsod, run Who crashed and see what driver it reveals

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
It's been two hours since I had no bsod. I was playing Overwatch until my game crashed because of my graphics card failing and then I got bsod 3 times everytime I try to boot back. I checked bluescreenview and it shows that ntoskrnl.exe is still the reason for my crashes. What can I do.

Heres a picture of what the crashes were.
https://gyazo.com/223631690f69e64b41e0fa3e5ae8991b

Details of each crash.
https://gyazo.com/bdc106e0952bd074da1275a3fb00fcdb
https://gyazo.com/f06c03b2936842344acf0cf13e8bcbbf
https://gyazo.com/4329fa4abe31ce552b6dc35cf7c20326

Colif

Win 11 Master
i wonder if its ram. They all data errors and though we have found drivers for all other errors so far, it might help if you can't boot at the moment? IRQ errors can be caused by ram as well as drivers.

Memory management Parameter 1: 0x41284: A PTE or the working set list is corrupted.
Working Set is simply a group of virtual pages allocated to a process which are present within physical memory (RAM).

can you download and run the free version of memtest86 on your ram, it creates a bootable USB so doesn't need windows. 1 stick at a time, any errors means stick needs to be replaced

if ram checks out, there is also a small chance ram that is the problem is on the GPU

Colif

Win 11 Master
That would have been too easy...does PC boot into windows or are you stuck? I assume you turned driver verifer off?

If windows boots now, I would look at posting instructions on the following link and ask on there as they have people who can read dumps and might reveal the truth: https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

if they can't help, come back and we keep running driver verifer until we find them all :)

Elygold

Commendable
Feb 23, 2017
About the same bsods as I listed and pfn corrupt except one new that scared me which was win32k.sys or something like that. I will check my ram right now. Also it said to one bsod saying iastora.sys failed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
System service exception? win32k.sys - Windows Kernel internals. I don't think windows is going to get very far, think its the registry at fault here.

how are you going into safe mode? using the boot disc i showed above? so it bsod if you boot off USB?

Considering a fresh install might be best way to start, get rid of any bad drivers and start with new drivers. that would resolve it I think.
is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

TRENDING THREADS