NON GAMING GPU low to mid range $

hugrabow

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Purchasing an ATX Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1 with i7-7700k cpu 32 gb ram m.2 PCIe SSD running openSuse 42.2.

I am doing music and video editing and want a recommendation for a GPU. I am not stuck on any brand name or chipset because I am not familiar, as its been a while since I had a gpu. I would like a few recommendations, so I can do a comparison.

Budget?

Video editing can be benefited a lot by a graphics card. If you're using this build to earn food, a GTX 1080 is a great choice. High performance without the crazy cost of going with a Titan X or something.

It is really about the software, not all video editing utilizes the videocard to the same extent. So you need to find out what your software works best with, then you can look into the specific model to buy. It's entirely possible that your chosen software may work best without hardware acceleration. Quality of output is a big consideration. Sometimes hardware acceleration is faster but the quality isn't as good as when the work is done via CPU only. If you need maximum quality that's something you should be aware of.