How to disable windows 10 credentials security

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
:heink:

Does anyone know how I can disable the Windows 10 windows network credentials? I am trying to access my laptop that is connected to my desktop via an RJ45 cable. Can anyone help me?

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017

To getochkn,

I connected my laptop to my desktop with an RJ45 cable. Then I turned on network sharing. I was able to get the public files from my desktop, but I can't access my laptop files on my desktop because of the Windows 10 windows network credentials security log in!

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017

To Alabalcho,

My laptop has Windows Vista, and my desktop has Windows 10. I don't need a username/password on my Vista. I can access my desktop files on my Vista laptop. But I can not access my Vista laptop "public" files on my Windows 10 desktop!
My Windows 10 desktop displays a "Windows Network Credentials" dialog box when I try to access my Vista laptop files! I want to get rid of that Windows Network Credential dialog box!

You need to turn off password sharing. Control panel. Network. Sharing settings or something, then scroll down and uncheck need a password to access shared folders. It's there but I'm on my phone and going to work, so can't remember tknexsct settings off hand

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
:??:

To getochkn,

That's the very first thing that I did. I went to Cortana and typed in credentials, and got to Windows Network Credentials and remove my Vista laptop in it. But it still won't let me access my laptop files!

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
:??:

To Alabalcho,

Okay. So how do I change my Vista's administrative access?

To getochkn,

I already did that and it still gives me the Windows Network Credentials dialog box every time I tried to access my laptop Vista files from my desktop Windows 10.

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017

To Alabalcho,

I don't think the problem is with my laptop Vista admin, I think it's the Windows 10 on my desktop! How to get rid of it whenever I click on the Windows Explorer (Windows 10) my laptop computer (via networking).

poompoom500

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
:D

To J_E_D_70,

Kool! I got it working, thanks to you. I had to go to Network and Sharing Center, and Password protected sharing, and turned it off! It was on on. Thank you bud!