Search doesnt show local results.

oneano

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I cannot find anything on windows 10!!!

I hit start, type what i want to find (such as an application that I know that I have installed) and I only see bing results or windows store results.

This is driving me insane, I have to search and search for files, or reinstall them every time that I need them. Please help

oneano

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

Nope!!!

Restarted, ended Cortana's process, restarted explorer.

I was hopeful about restoring indexing services, it was scanning and I waited before I replied to this thread, I ended up waiting longer than I expected to.

and of course, the last option on the list, startup options and restart search.

I have executed all of these and still have the same results. Installed programs do not work.

oneano

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

Yes, I keep my system updated and scanned for viruses regularly.

My only thought right now is that I did not document something when I was having the disk 99% problem and I turned off some indexing somewhere.

gardenman

Splendid
Try this, go back to Indexing Options in Control Panel. At the bottom, choose Modify. At bottom of the Indexed Locations window, click on anything in the "Summary of selected locations". When you do, the top part "Change selected locations" will be populated showing all local folders. (Note that you can resize this windows.) Check em all.

Choose OK. Click on Advanced in the Indexing Options window. Click on Rebuild.

oneano

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

doing this now.

gardenman

Splendid

anhadsingha

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
Same is happening with me and I don't understand what you mean by Index here. Can you please elaborate?
I tried reinstalling windows, flushing DNS, changing registry and running malware and AV scans but nothing worked for me.
Worst part is that I'm getting inaccurate results for my mobile connection as well running on ios 10.3.2 using Airtel 3G connection so how can indexing(whatever that means) on a computer solve my problem?